Translate

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Strawberries for breakfast

Welcome.

Listening to a live version, an acoustic version of the Beatles tune 'Blackbird' by Kenny Rankin. So simple when he sings it. I am a huge fan of his music and arrangements. I tried to learn it once on guitar, ha not for me too complicated for a beginner even with the Beatles tablature  chord layout in the songbook. 

However I do like to make a simple painting sing and I start with only the freshest ingredients! This was a food piece still life for Waters Edge Magazine, a full page illustration about our locally grown strawberry crop. It is a watercolor on watercolor paper about 15 x 20 inches.

I sold it about five years ago. I always enjoyed the flat overhead more 'graphic' view of the subject matter in this one and for your breakfast my dear why not accompanied by a rose?

We were only waiting for this moment to arise.

More to come.......

All art copyright Alan Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment