Translate

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Blossom Dearie.


Welcome.

Hi everybody. This is a hibiscus blossom. It is a flower that does extremely well here in Florida. I find something so elegant and exquisite in their form and color.

I have used elements of both refined realism, abstraction and the gestural mark in this piece along with a dynamic composition which I feel holds your interest.

The original is 24" x 24 " oil on canvas and was sold a few years ago.

I titled it Blossom Dearie, because, well, I like her music and her voice so delicate and lilting while rendering great jazz classics just makes me think of these flowers.

Thank you for looking at my art today. If you would like to see more please visit www.alanphillipstudio.com  connect with me on LinkedIn.com I love to make new connections with art appreciators!

More to come....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2017 ©

No comments:

Post a Comment