Translate

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

The Old Florida Road


 Hi everybody, welcome. "The Old Florida Road" 9" x 12" oil on canvas.

My friend Kerry used to say that he and I cut the paths for roads less traveled. There were many times I would have to agree. But here, discovering this peaceful little stretch of old road that had not seen a car rolling on this asphalt for at least a decade. It was just something I stumbled upon. I like it. The Saturday morning sun feels the same as it did when I was 10 - nobody up, nobody out - but me. I wonder about the people who drove past this scene. I wonder if they got out and took a dip or even a moment to stretch and appreciate the serene beauty. I walked the road and listened to the quiet. Gulls circled and egrets sailed across the bay. It was a good day. Yet again, any day you can spend on an old road with a beach and water at it's edge - gonna be good day.🥰 Thank you for looking at my art today. Art © 2021 Alan Phillips www.alanphillipstudio.com #alanphillipsfineart #oldflorida #coastallife #atlanticocean #one ocean #coastaldecor #shoreline #oceanside #oldroads #florida #oilpaintings #coastalart #truesaltlife #wandering #saturdaymorning #interiordesign #interiordesigners #hotel #resort #vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment