Translate

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Summer Sanderling

Hi everybody. Welcome.

"Summer Sanderling" is a 9" x 9" oil painting on canvas that I just finished. These little guys amaze.

Industriousness, persistence and devoted pursuit to an end are characteristics I admire in them. When you watch them, they are all business. They are one of the reasons our beaches are so clean. They are never deterred by human foot, dog, wave or sun, wind and rain. They circle around and find a new route. I'm a fan.

I once told an art friend that you sometimes need to sneak up on a painting. He looked a little confused. My point was not to make what you are doing so important to your mind. Concentrate with focus but be loose, hold it loose, gently in your heart and mind. Work with what you see. Enjoy it. All of my paintings begin with this sort of gestural burnt sienna sketch. Then I block it in. When I have everything where it should be I shift my gaze to precise, intense deliberate actions with intention.

Please visit www.alanphillipstudio.com for more coastal art to add to your collection. Please let's connect on LinkedIn if you are a member and think we may have insights to share:)
You can reach me at alanlovesart@gmail.com if you want to connect by email.

Thank you for looking at my art today.

More to come.....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2017 ©

No comments:

Post a Comment