Translate

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The long view



Hi everybody, welcome. "Two Kings, Three Aces" 30" x 48" oil on canvas This one is still a work in progress but nearly complete. My first new painting of 2021. Love the shrimp boats. Love the idea. In some ways they are a metaphor for freedom to me. Those boys work their asses off, it's a fact but the smell of the sea, eating fish - a boat that earns it's keep that can take some rough passage and keep you safe - wooden hulls, Capn's who know their waters. I feel it. My own history and ancestry with my grandads being builders and growing up on Prince Edward Island. It has to be a great vibe heading back in after a solid trip, a good catch - 'bout to get some money and some sound sleep. This work is part of a new group I will be pursuing. I love it out in the open spaces, wind in (what's left of my hair😂😅 ) my face, the gulls, the pelicans, all the different kinds of fishing trawlers, the white boot brotherhood, the dolphins and maybe a thunderhead off on the far horizon catching the blush of the sun. Thanks for looking at my art today. Art © 2021 www.alanphillipstudio.com for more art

No comments:

Post a Comment