Translate

Wednesday, January 20, 2021


 Hi everybody, welcome.

"Morning Stretch" !8" x 24" oil on canvas. Here is one you may have seen before - sort of....πŸ˜† I can finish a painting and know that it needs more work but I don't exactly know what that is at that moment. So, I just let it be. Once I figure it out or it becomes apparent I proceed slowly and appease my sense of - "Hmmmmm, what's bothering me about this?" I paint them as I see them - until. Until something bothers me, something needs to be added or subtracted - something needs to be moved. I was ok, with the version of this before because I liked the result and it was accurate - it could stand on it's own over the centuries. But now? Now I think this lil' bad boy is just singing!! 🎼🎼🎼 What was occurring with this Royal Tern was that it was stretching it's wings to adjusted comfort before settling into some morning sun worship. Sounds familiar! Thank you for looking at my art today. Art © 2020 Alan Phillips www.alanphillipstudio.com for more originals to purchase and https://fineartamerica.com/art/alan+phillips for available prints to purchase #alanphillipsfineart #pontevedrabeach #staugustinebeach #atlanticbeach #interiordesigner #coastaldesign #floridaart #coastallife #saltlife #shorebirds #royalterns #coastaldecor

No comments:

Post a Comment