Translate

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Just wanted to drop you a line or two......

Welcome.

Although most of what I do feels like play most of the time it takes a great deal of time, planning, calculation, legwork, thought, concentration, perspective,dedication and preparation to make a 'finished' work of art and this includes realism through abstraction.

I cannot speak for any artist but me and this is my process every time. Yet when I have the free time which means not on deadline or needing to get to paying bills and I have a moment to be in the studio and just 'play' experiment you might say and not focused on the outcome. I like to have fun with the materials. In this case pencil on paper 16x24 I believe.

Here, I think you can feel the energy, directed but not controlled, loose but not chaotic
dimensional but not rendered, suggested with flow and restraint at the same time. It reminds me of some of the stuff Bailey shot in the 60's...which I still think is some of the best fashion work ever done. Please add Richard Avedon, Horst P Horst, Irving Penn to that list.

Remember to visit Zazzle.com and search under sunnybeachman for my watercolors on a huge range of items that would be perfect gifts for the holiday season.

More to come....

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment