Translate

Monday, December 1, 2014

Sanctuary is a state of mind....

Welcome.


Well, for me it's also the state of Florida, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Georgia....you get the idea. There are so many wonderful places on this planet where one can go to just be. I have only seen a few. A place where your 'smart' devices are irrelevant. Imagine that.

This particular place was in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida and for a few hours I just took deep breaths of the ocean air, wiggled me toes in the sand and listened to the waves. I had a dialogue going with the waves, the gulls, the trees and the shells. Sometimes I just like to go and let the elements 'have me' and when I walk the path that leads out from this place I have been transformed into a healthier, happier human.

This was an oil on canvas, 11x14 inches sold

More to come....

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment