Translate

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Coastal Repast!

Welcome.

Hi everybody.

This was my watercolor on watercolor paper 20" x 30" for the magazine Water's Edge of a low country boil.

Actually the piece was about crawfish. I chose to make it about the low country boil.

The reason for that choice was to celebrate a friendship and a discovery. I had a neighbor who grew up in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. He came over to my porch one day and said, " My family is celebrating my birthday out in Fort Caroline. Our family home is right on the river. I'd like you to come out and enjoy yourself." "Done." I said without missing a beat. This is similar to the feast we shared. It was a grand day. I became a fan of this delicious traditional southern dish.

Thank you for looking at my art today. You can view more coastal art at www.alanphillipstudio.com.

More to come.
 
All art copyright Alan Phillips ©2107

No comments:

Post a Comment