Translate

Friday, February 16, 2018

Fresh Sushi Anyone?

Hi everybody. Welcome.

Do you love fresh fish? I do. I used to work for a fish wholesaler and I ate better than ever. Most of the catch was local snapper, grouper, flounder, trigger,sheepshead but the yellow and blue fin tuna was trucked up from the market in Miami.

I would watch in fascination as Charles our main man for separating fish from bone in the cutting room-maestro with a knife to see him make beautiful cuts of this gorgeous fish into portions for the restaurants. It was an art to him and he moved the precision of a Wing Shun master! I may have sampled a morsel or two with my own little dish of sashimi sauce in the corner. He also taught me how to really sharpen a blade.

Thank you for looking at my art today. Art © 2018 Alan Phillips
https://alanphillipstudio.com/ is where you can see my coastal oils on canvas stop by-take a look!

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment