Translate

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sometimes a picture is worth.......


Welcome.

Thanks to all who visited "Happy Horizons" it was a hit!

I am regrouping a bit and so I thought in interim stages when I am developing new paintings that I will include some of my photography art that fuels my coastal journey. I don't often shoot on overcast days. I am a lover of sun drenched color. Scenes like this are an exception. I love the subtle tonalities. There is a soft play of light and you can feel the wind.

Seeing clearly all the expressions on the gull faces is amusing. Positive and negative shapes in this are fluid and open and there is a kind of random order to it...reminds me  a little of Matisse cutouts with a touch of dimension to the forms beyond flat shapes.

Remember if you are interested in what art I have available to purchase for your collections to visit alanphillipstudio.com and get a clear view, price points and contact information.

Thanks for taking the time.

Alan

More to come......

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment