Translate

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Study For Foster's Tern

Welcome. Hi everybody.


Until I lived at the beach and got to see these birds and their clan in action on a regular basis I didn't realize just how fast they are. Terns in flight are so angular and look like elegant sharp fighter jets streamlined and powerful.

I see more Common Terns and Royal Terns than any Foster's Terns. I love the markings and subtle color variations as well as some of the brighter reds in feet and bills as a counterpoint to all the grays.

I wanted to keep the studies nice and loose with washes and just a hint of temperature change in some of the hues with not more than three to four value changes.

Thank you for looking at my work today. If you would like to see more please stop by 

More to come.....

All art © 2017 Alan Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment