Translate

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Echo On A Summer Breeze




Hi everybody. Welcome. Just finished up a painting of our local Brown Pelicans gliding along a rising wave! This painting would rock the lobby of a coastal hotel, don’t you think? I am looking for a commissioned project creating a series of works of coastal shorebirds and coastal flora featured in the open spaces of a large interior.

It might be a hotel or healthcare facility bringing some extra warmth and humanity to the common spaces. Yes, it would look great in an oceanfront home with the interior to accommodate it or the conference room at headquarters!! It is six feet long and two and a half feet high in oil on gallery wrap canvas. This is one of the scenes that I often hear people speaking of with great affection about our shoreline here in Florida. There is something special about seeing the grace in a family of these birds in unison working the updraft of a wave effortlessly on a summer day at the beach. If you look with intention you will see that each pelican is slightly different.

Capturing subtle shifts in repeated patterns is one of my favorite visual nuances. I had this view out on the ocean, calmly sitting on my nine foot longboard awaiting a swell, tasting the salt on my lips, feeling the warm sun on my back and a little surprised by these fascinating creatures cruising by whose origins may date back to the Mesozoic Era. Creating art that illuminates the beauty of other species and our one shared ocean, fostering  connection and celebrating this hugely important resource on our planet is my passion and mission.

Thank you for looking at my art today.

If you like it please share it! You can find more examples of my art dedicated to the Coastal Journey at www.alanphillipstudio.com or contact me at alanlovesart@gmail.com to discuss commissions. Come follow me on Facebook for a wider range of the coastal experience! Copyright © 2017 Alan Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment