Translate

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Over The Open Marsh

Welcome.

Some days when I am at a loss for a reason or an explanation of why I feel disconnected I go to this part of the salt marsh. There always seems to be a a cool breeze to greet me as I step into the flyway. The richness of the colors, watching the wildlife soaring on wing and fishing for dinner or the change of the shapes and tones in the sky is a sure bet to get me back on track and it is one of gratitude to be a part of and have access to such beauty.

I liked the fun in the composition here kind of looping from left to right and then the big brown bringing you back in. I also enjoyed abstracting the foreground and letting the crisp detail accentuate the pelican and then you get that little pop of green up river. This is from the ICW.

The art is 30x40 inches oil on canvas and was one of my  commissions from last year.

If you are interested in purchases, prints or commissions you can contact my representative or Monty Belafonte or myself at alanlovesart@gmail.com to discuss your request.

If you have not done so and like my watercolor art then pop on over to zazzle.com and look under sunnybeachman for my art on a wide range of popular products for your home or office.

More to come......

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment