Translate

Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Playground of Marigot on the Island St-Martin/St Maarten


Welcome.

I took a trip to this island somewhere around 1983. Hardly seems possible. If I recall this scene was a grotto out near the end of baie rouge and a destination for me and three gals I met at the hotel whom I became friends with and had as playmates for the trip. Full blown hedonistic Eden was the order of the day, that and tons of sunblock. I remember Aleta and her fun loving laughter. Partying with Dave at Dave's restaurant was on the itinerary and hanging out in Philipsburg as well. It was the first time I had eaten fresh picked Mango and I am a fan to this day.

This is an oil painting 30x40 inches and has been sold. I loved the layering of the sand and the water where I have created a surface and yet you get to see some of what is underneath. The whole island  was a translucent jewel to behold. May it forever be so.

Please be sure to visit zazzle.com and look for sunnybeachman and 10 different watercolor art pieces of mine that you can get on phone holders,cards,t shirts, sweatshirts and other fun items.

More to come

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment