Translate

Monday, April 6, 2015

Rounding The Bend Fort George Island


Welcome.

Apparently this area was a playground for the rich and famous at one period in history. This is a spot around the corner from the Ribault Club and down the road from The Kingsley Plantation in Jacksonville Florida USA.

The lush wild coastal marshes here give me a grand sense of freedom breathing the fresh air and looking out over the wide vast open spaces. I am a seeker of untraveled roads and coves that are hidden until you stumble upon them. Whoever lives in that house likes it pretty remote because after I left this spot I hopped in my ride and followed the winding roads that led to it. Best to shop at the market for a month if you intend to live tucked away like this. Yet, well worth it when you can get up, walk down your dock and see an unspoiled vista or better yet sail in it!!

This is an 11x14 oil on gallery wrap canvas. I wanted to play with some rich impasto with my brush applications and still have a feeling of edge, elegance and refined finesse. My aim was to achieve an understated fresh and crisp boldness with color, design and saturation.

The painting is available for $1,200.00 US plus shipping and handling. You can contact me or my rep Monty Belafonte at alanlovesart@gmail.com to make the connection for delivery and payment if you are interested in a purchase.

More to come....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015 USA

No comments:

Post a Comment