Translate

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Art of Wine.......

Welcome.

Ok, ok so I know I am a harbor guy and a nature guy and my art is focused on wildlife, nature and the coast and tons of boats but there is a side of my brain or a place in it that just can't put the words and the abstraction away. I have a great appreciation for  Motherwell, Dekooning, Kline, Pollack and the many beautiful 'marks' these artists made.

Here is the first in an ongoing post of my series of studies for larger works that will be oil on canvas that are about words, dialog, the mark on the page or canvas that serve a more direct conversation, my thoughts and ideas about certain subjects.

I have some larger coastal projects going on right and will be presenting them when complete and will show my word and art series in between those!

Happy thoughts.

More to come.......

All words and  art copyright Alan Phillips 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment