Translate

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Let's Get Lost.


Welcome.

I dig Chet Baker. One of my favorite songs that he nails is "Let's Get Lost."  written by Jimmy McHugh and lyrics by Frank Loesser.

You put the top down on your car. You hit the Pacific Coast Highway or Route A1A and you call up this tune with your favorite squeeze and the concept just enfolds you.

This painting is a portrait of a place where I like to get lost. It is remote, lovely, quiet and the sparkling ocean is behind you as you look up the face of a sensual rolling dune. I feel in awe of it's presence and can imagine I am floating along in the lifting thermals with the gulls.

This is oil on canvas panel 12" x16"

You can find this painting on my website www.alanphillipstudio.com

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate you.

More to come.....

All art and photography copyright Alan Phillips 2016 ©


No comments:

Post a Comment