Translate

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Wild Thing



Welcome.


I love the ocean in all her infinite forms.

Our science both thrills me and worries me.  I have read about new technology that can go deeper into the depths of the ocean's vast canyons. I wonder, can we somehow enjoy the gifts she offers without destroying her at the same time?

Dr. Sylvia Earle, the great marine biologist often points to a photograph of our beautiful planet and reminds us, "This is the world bank,"  My wish is that we can do it lovingly, mindfully, consider the consequences of 'mining' another vast  resource.

The blues and greens together in this piece, the tonality, the clouds and waves, the wind skipping over the crest of the waves give this very simple photograph energy and interest.

Thank you for stopping by today. Please visit www.alanphillipstudio.com to see my oil paintings of coastal scenes

More to come......

All art, photography copyright Alan Phillips 2016 ©



No comments:

Post a Comment