Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bubba Duval In The Shallows Of The Flats



Welcome.

Hi everybody.

This is an area on the way out to Amelia Island in Florida. It was early in the morning and I saw this young man in his skiff heading back home. I just love that old boat marked by years of adventures and journeys navigating the waters to find the treasures that nature gives so freely.

There is something wonderful and intimate in a  relationship between the salt marsh, the ocean in an old well worn, hardy skiff. The waterways are wide open, uncrowded and lift my spirits completely when I'm out on the flats. Bubba was heading home from dawn patrol with some flounder, shrimp, crab and oysters. Happiness!

In addition to the grace and connection I feel to old and functional art like this boat I am drawn to the color shifts on the water from faster moving water to slow and the reflections of light along with the color of what's in the water and what's beneath it.

If you would like more information on this art please give me a shout at alanlovesart@gmail you are welcome to come over to www.alanphillipstudio.com to view more of my coastal journey.

Thank you for looking at my art today.

More to come.....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2017©


No comments:

Post a Comment