Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Tricolored Heron.

Welcome.

Hi everybody. Here is another of our local wading birds.

This is an oil portrait on canvas 11" x 14"
She had lovely markings and was very healthy and strong. That's always a good indicator of the health of the ecosystem where I find them.

I liked the warm color palette in this painting it was late afternoon and the pinkish color in the foreground water came from the sun and the sky reflected as the tide was outbound. I also like the design in this composition and the way he commands the space.

She was gracious enough to pose for me when I approached her. Confidence is always attractive!

Thank you for stopping by today to look at my work. You can find this painting and other coastal subjects painted in oils and watercolors at my website www.alanphillipstudio.com with the prices and contact information.

More to come.....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2017 ©

No comments:

Post a Comment