Translate

Friday, February 10, 2017

White Ibis

Welcome.

Hello everybody.

Listening to Pat Metheny right now playing solo on an acoustic guitar, "And I love her" by the Beatles. Want some quiet? Want some ease and beauty and loveliness to start your day? Have a listen on Youtube.

Even if I do not have my headphones on I often hear melodies that are reverent and quiet when I come upon scenes in nature. This Ibis was going about it's business without regard for me. That's how I like it. I simply get to observe and often make art about the beauty like this that I discover on my coastal journey.

I dig the creamy white contrast against the gray blue of the water streaming out at the end of the high to low tide transition. The small snails give this photograph a counterpoint of detail and then there is the red around the eye and the pink legs for just a touch of color. The Ibis has such an interesting shape, don't you think?

If you want to see more of my art you are welcome to come over to www.alanphillipstudio.com and enjoy oil paintings about my coastal journey.

Thank you for stopping by today.

All art/photography copyright Alan Phillips© 2107

No comments:

Post a Comment