Translate

Monday, February 6, 2017

A Very Fine Feathered Friend


Welcome.
Hello everybody. This is my portrait of a local Great White Egret, one of many done and I expect many more to come as I find eternal and magical grace in their form and flight.

The word "egret" comes from the French word "aigrette" that means both "silver heron" and "brush", referring to the long super fine feathers that flow down an egret's back during the breeding season as they are shown here..

They were endangered at one point in the United States because over hunting them for their plumes for adornment on hats.

There seems to be a healthy population where I live in Florida. I am grateful for that.

Thank you for stopping by today.

If you would like to view more art from coastal journey please visit www.alanphillipstudio.com for oil paintings and watercolors featuring the coast.

You can get in touch alanlovesart@gmail.com if you would like to discuss a work of art. Please connect with me on LinkedIn if you would like to or think we can collaborate in business together.

More to come....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2017 ©


No comments:

Post a Comment