Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Attraversiamo

Welcome.

Hi everybody.

And yes, I really dig the search (and the writing) by Liz Gilbert in her book, Eat, Pray, Love.
"Attraversiamo" is a word I learned from her.

One of my favorite daydreams is that I could cross over the salt marsh as gracefully as one of the many species of wading birds from herons, egrets, roseate spoonbills and wood storks to cranes and hawks that I frequently enjoy seeing there.

I love the spilt in the channels that run through the tundra of the spaces that have been left undeveloped. It's like a haven of redfish, shrimp and mullet spun into a maze of cordgrass and fishing birds.

This double painting is called a diptych for you who are not familiar with the term the art world gives it. They were small panels 11" x 14" each oil on canvas done in a very gestural painterly style, one I use when I want to give an overall feeling of the energy of nature in my brushwork.

This one is sold (even though it's two paintings it is considered one work). If you are looking to add to your art collection of coastal or wildlife art please visit me at www.alanphillipstudio.com you can also connect with me on LinkedIn you can make a comment below or contact me at alanlovesart@gmail.com please feel free I enjoy hearing from you!

Thank you for looking at my art today.

More to come......

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2017 ©

No comments:

Post a Comment