Translate

Friday, June 10, 2016

Iv'e Looked At Clouds From Both Sides Now.

Welcome.

This is a sweet spot up along the coast in Atlantic Beach. My journey on this particular day got me thinking about Joni Mitchell's soulful ballad, "Both Sides Now"  I remember a James Taylor concert where he covered one of her tunes (as only he could) and mentioned that he considered her one of the best songwriters to ever walk the planet. Agreed?

I think that of them both. I do tend to meander and reflect when I am on this stretch of land, sea and sky. It touches my spirit in a freeing way. I like that I felt as though I might be flying as I saw this scene. I also really liked this palette. That counterpoint of the red life guard chair really sets it off!!

My painting is 14 x 11 inches painted with oil on canvas. It is available for sale on my website alanphillipstudio.com if you are interested in acquiring it for your collection!

Just a side note, if you love Jazz, like I do you have got to give a listen to Phil Woods and Herbie Mann "Beyond Brooklyn"  playing in my headphones at present. Great music to enjoy and write with while you are grooving on the flow.

Thank you for stopping by today, I appreciate your interest.

More to come.......

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment