Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2016

I Will Remember You.


Welcome.

Listening to some Paul Hardcastle right now. Know it? Right kind of music to view this new 12" x 16" oil on canvas painting. Perhaps a little like a gorgeous white bird floating on the breeze running through the dunes?

One of my art heroes was Bernie Fuchs. He often said that classical music deserved as much of the credit for his work as he did. I love that. In my case it's jazz. Whether it's the hard stuff (Miles to Mingus) or smooth jazz it is a magic carpet for me to rise up into the state necessary to create and be focused for an undetermined amount of time that seems to turn whole days into minutes....yeah, like that.

This is from my coastal series which I am building up enough to do a show.  I adore the soft Florida light in this and what that light does to the colors and then how I get to play with them. Stay tuned!

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

You can find more of my paintings at www.alanphillipstudio.com

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2016 ©



No comments:

Post a Comment