Translate

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sandy Lyle and Seve Ballesteros at The Tournament Players Club


Welcome.

It doesn't matter to me what or who, fact is, I love grace and form in every variety of people, sea, land and nature in general. Among the great golfers that I was admiring back in my 'illustrating sports' days (mostly football, golf and tennis) Seve Ballesteros was as elegant as they come. 

This was a shot of Seve teeing it off from the 4th hole at the TPC in Ponte Vedra Florida during a practice round with his partner Sandy Lyle.

I used oil on canvas for this, the size was 30 x 40 inches. It was sold last year. I developed a very sensual feel for this particular piece. It is a nice combination of edges of crisp and soft and a juxtaposition of shapes that give it a kind of rhythm that flows into the central figure.

More to come.......

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment