Translate

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Magnificent Muscovy.



Welcome Everybody,

These ducks truly amaze me with their plumage and character (or so I imagine). My research reveals that they are native to Mexico. This one is feral I believe. Apparently they are found in New Zealand, Australia and Europe. It does look like a tropical bird, right?

Now, forgive me, but if you wanted to dine on this duck, (say with some herbs, butter and garlic) it would be referred to as a Barbary duck! The Spanish I have heard, named this duck  pato criollo ("creole duck").

They are an artful delight to my eyes. They feature well against any tone in the background and I am really looking forward to portraying a few of them on canvas with oils. Muscovies  already appear to be works of art and I want to capture that.

This is another in my photo fine art series.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Further adventures in my art can be found at www.alanphillipstudio.com please stop by when you get a moment.

All art, photography copyright Alan Phillips 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment