Translate

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A little wind under my wings.....


Welcome.

When I was a kid lying on my back on the beach I looked up into the seamless blue and felt like I was flying. It would be so much fun to lift off like this laughing gull over a small spit of land and off over the galloping waves. You know, just see what's cookin. After a while you could drop down and catch a few small baitfish and then go chat with your flock on the beach in the warm sun.

Seabirds are beautiful to behold in every marine light for me. This was a rather hazy morning and I like the softness of the shape of the gull against the pale sky. The low horizon line creates a vast distance and openess to the art. This is a 12x12 inch oil sketch on canvas.

More to come......

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment