Translate

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The power of pink

Welcome.

This is a Hibiscus blossom. I grew the plant, it and eight others from small starter plants. I had thought it might make a nice backdrop against my fence at the back of the property and tried to choose either a variety of one color or as many colors as they had. I ended up with nine different versions in all as a wall of floral color looking out through my back terrace doors.

It was truly a surprise to see them drink up the Florida sun and a fair amount of water and a touch of good soil and fertilizer to become sprawling 10 to 12 foot riots of blooming color. I had to smile. I made a hibiscus rainbow.  I had to paint one of the flowers. This is a 36x36 inch oil on canvas. It spent about 6 months at the Cummer Museum and Gardens in Jacksonville Florida. It is Sold.

I believe color, flowers, art and intention all have healing power. I marvel at the beauty of nature growing and simply being itself to inspire awe in me. I give thanks.

More to come......

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment