Translate

Friday, September 5, 2014

In September.....


Welcome.

I have yet to write the poem fully but the title is "I feel September Coming on."  It generally happens in New England. More often than not it occurs around August 15th. There is an almost imperceptable shift in temperature a few degrees cooler. It makes me smile. Sweater weather is a great comfort for me. I feel the change in my being. I have the strong memories of course of heading back to school. I have the memories of it being a thrill to meet new people and reconnect with friends I had not seen for the summer.

Yet there is a thread of the congruous passing of the years, leaves falling are a visual metaphor for quamtum shifts from chilhood into adolesence and adulthood. I see a timeline of me in in history of my life and those I have loved along the way This solitary gull appears to be lost in thought. The cool breeze is ruffling his feathers a touch. It evokes in me a nod to welcoming my favorite season before it arrives.

This work of art is a watercolor on paper 15x20 inches.

More to come....

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment