Translate

Monday, September 29, 2014

Ogunquit Red......

Welcome.

There have been so many paintings that I have done where the viewer says "I know that spot."

More often than not it is Ogunquit Maine which is a place that is easy to recognize and love with it's estuaries and coves and wonderful arcing beach. Although there is not enough of the landscape to 'recognize' this little inlet in Ogunquit if I had pulled back a bit you would.

Sloops are interesting shapes for me with nice graceful lines and often a sweet 'pop' of color among the neutrals of nature where they sail. In this painting which is 9x12 oil on canvas I also liked that they hung the lifejacket over the boom and mainsail as an extra splash of color.

This one is sold. $1,200.00 framed. Quite a few of the folks that contact me have asked that I mention the prices that these works sold for so I shall include them.

A friend recently emailed me to say that she was happy that I was still providing the world with 'soul soothing" art. Yep, that's my intention. Thanks Elaine.

More to come....

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

Please remember to visit Zazzle under sunnybeachman online and check out all the fun products you can buy with my waterclors on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment