Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

An idea of Provence, Tuscany and Maine


Welcome.

I know, I know, this is a summer or spring sort of image. I just dig flowers. Flower gardens are so refreshing, don't you think?  Being a foodie I think vegetable gardens are supremely beautiful as well....and for strolling in the fall on a Sunday in October, I have been elevated to natural highs walking the acreage of an apple orchard.

And so, I imagine frequently that I get to stroll through flower gardens in Provence, Tuscany and Maine. I get to paint them, I get to harvest a few for the table! In Florida we have them pretty much year round lol lots of flora in Florida!  I like the fragrant ones too...think lavender! This is an oil painting. Sold. It was 24x18 inches on canvas and priced at $2,500.00

I suppose it is in all reality the idea of something of quality that is slower, something creative and evolving. Something to tend and give respectful attention to that is our connection to the earth, the planet and ultimately each other. This could be a complete stranger in this garden and yet I would be able to speak with her for hours as I know we are kindred spirits.

More to come.....

Remember over at Zazzle under sunnybeachman you can find some of my watercolors on a variety of fun items for your home or as gifts!

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment