Translate

Thursday, October 30, 2014

An Alaskan Odyssey......

 Welcome.
This was one of my last magazine illustrations before I formally became a gallery artist. It was a feature in Alaska Magazine. The narrative was about a family going on an annual moose hunt and the youngest child's first time joining in for it.

There were a few more illustrations that went with it but I liked the warmth and togetherness implied in these two images, not to mention a great deal of fun and wonder of being in the wild. I also got a chance to paint a grayling trout which I have yet to land but assure you I will!

It appears that one could sit back on one's haunches after climbing to that summit and breathe a deep sweet breath of amazement while surveying the valley and glassing for a bull. These were done with oils on canvas, each approximately 15x20 inches. Sold.

More to come....

Please remember to visit Zazzle and look under sunnybeachman for some fun items with my watercolor images on them!


All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2104

No comments:

Post a Comment