Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Our Planet Our Table

Welcome.

The farm is a place that I always feel at home. These tomatoes were stacked up on a chair outside a farm shed in Center Strafford New Hampshire.

I have enjoyed visiting a half acre plot or a few yards of fenced in dirt in Boston's Back Bay, perhaps we call that one a garden, or a property that stretches as far as the eye can see with orchards filled with delicious fruits. Do you not marvel at the fact that with proper soil, water and sun this stuff grows out of the ground?

I grew up in a suburb of Boston and there was not much farmland that I could easily get too however most folks had a pear,apple or cherry tree in the yard along with a summer garden and it was a delight to snatch a fresh giant tomato straight off the vine and season it with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. My taste buds were singing! I really dig the slow food idea,the whole food idea,the fresh farm, locally grown ingredients idea. I love to eat fresh, beautifully prepared and brilliantly shared meals.

In Florida it is wonderful also to be able to stroll into the backyard to retrieve a few lemons, a mango, an orange or grapefruit to enhance  your fresh caught flounder dish!

My friend Iain Broadbent is a magnificent chef. One of the more knowledgeable chefs I have met about nutrition and food properties in general in addition to his talents in the kitchen. You might want to visit his online offerings over at globalgourmetorganics.com and sample for yourself what someone with vision can create with the intention to eat healthy and delicious gourmet meals. His Chicken Tangine will melt in your mouth!

The painting above is a watercolor on board and is approximately 15x20 inches and is available at $2,500.00 US. If interested just send an email to me at alanlovesart@gmail.com

Remember you can visit Zazzle.com online and look under sunnybeachman to find many articles of clothing, hats, mugs and cases for phones with my watercolor art on them.

More to come...

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2104

No comments:

Post a Comment