Translate

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Reddish Marsh Heron Study


Welcome.

These birds in flight and wading for dinner are as about elegant a scene as I find on my adventures around the shore. Great Blues, Little Egrets, Great Egrets
Little Blues, Snowy Egret, Black Crowned Night Herons,Bitterns, Green Marsh Herons and Cattle Egret are my neighbors in the marsh.

If you stay tuned over time you will see many of them in my work or as a featured subject.

This one is a watercolor on D'Arches paper. It is in a private collection.

Hope everybody's Thanksgiving was delicious and happy. Throughout the day I found that there were so many more things to be thankful for that I had overlooked. Sometimes it takes a moment to slow down and reflect.

More to come....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment