Translate

Sunday, November 16, 2014

A quick sketch of Claude

Welcome.

Every now and again even though I make my living as an artist it's fun to do a sketch or a small work just because I delight in the making of the art. These are often sketches of my favorite creators from art, photography, literature, music, dance, architecture, actors and thinkers. I will include them from time to time while in the process of creating more coastal art for galleries, private sales and commissions.

Claude Monet has informed so much of my light and color vocabulary along with the inspiration to think and find one's own way. Merci beaucoup.

I have been looking at and enjoying his art for over 30 years and it still holds it's power for me. Something I aspire to live up too.

More to come....

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment