Translate

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Oh, I remember days when it felt like it was raining daisies.....

Welcome.


The first time I heard that line it was sung by Kenny Rankin but equally as profound sung by John Sebastian to a different arrangement. I thank them both for I smile big when I hear either of them.

Imagine a day when the temperature is in the low 70s. She is smart, beautiful, funny, confident charming and an athlete (tennis, swimming and fencing). She speaks four languages conversationally and has pitch perfect taste in fashion and food.

This was such a day. She was on her way to have a picnic with me in a place that only we knew. Baguettes, bordeaux and some pellegrino were packed in her bike basket with a riot of daisies and I brought the blanket, the camembert, wine glasses and an anticipation of immortality. Our affections were strewn about the landscape with tender abandon. There were such days once upon a time. They were hers and they were mine.

The wisdom of the sages suggest that when you have a choice; choose happiness. It is however a state of mind that must be defined. This painting was one of my happy moments in time, in my life.

It is a watercolor on board 24x 12 inches. Sold. $2,500.00 US. It was purchased by a scientist in the USA.

Don't forget you can visit Zazzle.com and look under sunnybeachman to find many watercolors I have done printed on phone holders, caps, mugs, t-shirts and items too many to name!

More to come....

All images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment