Translate

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sea Spray Roses


Welcome.

Before this painting was completed there was a guest in my studio who was admiring this piece and she loved it because it reminded her of getting ready for a party. This is her reality. I find it a lovely sentiment. It's not what I was thinking when designing it but I enjoy it as that idea now as well. It is terrific that the viewer can bring her own sense of life and impressions to the art and it becomes something more. Once completed, the art has it's own life.

I like the sunlight in this. Where I live this would be a little after sunrise. Perhaps I had gone out to the garden and collected these two bouquets to bring the rose beauty and fragrance into the house for the day. They are sitting on a table made for just such an enterprise on the back veranda over looking the Atlantic so there would be a shell or two, don't you think?

Forgot to mention in previous blogs. Zazzle, if you go there and look for sunnybeachman you can find many of the watercolors I have done on everything from caps and t shirts to mugs and note cards. It's fun to see the application and of course a couple of dozen mugs sold helps the cause.

Please remember to visit Zazzle under sunnybeachman online and check out all the fun products you can buy with my waterclors on them.


This is an oil on canvas 30x40 inches and is available at $5,000.00 US.

More to come......

All art and images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment