Translate

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Camp Huggy Bear ....



Welcome.

This was a very happy day for me. I was on Tony Forstmann's back lawn in the Hamptons watching world class tennis players warm up and then play pro - am doubles in the late eighties. The tournament put together with brother Ted and Nick. The most amazing thing about it to me even though I had not yet learned enough about the Forstmann brothers to be intimidated which I probably would have and at the same time it is they who were charming and gracious would have behaved no different. I was a guest and I was welcomed sincerely.

It was such a lush environment. On the other side of this court behind me was the water. Every one seemed to be high on the event, truly a good vibe. I saw what I think was a Vanity Fair piece sort of saying farewell to Teddy a couple of years ago as I recall passed in 2011 made think to publish this piece one day in remembrance of something and a person who were very special. The whole family is generous and the charity I believe raised some $30,000,000.00 to help fund charities serving mostly children in need. That's what I call making a difference.

The painting is 30x40 inches oil on canvas and was selected as a juried piece into the Society of Illustrators annual competition in NYC and included in the annual publication that year. I was very proud of that. Would have made a great exhibition poster don't you think?

More to come.....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment