Translate

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jazz Samba!

Welcome.

Music is such a constant part of my life. It is inseperable from my artwork which is intentionally lyrical. I listen mostly to jazz while working. I found Laurindo Almeida through listening to Stephane Grappelli and Django Reinhardt (could those guys jam or what?) Imagine you are at The Hot Club in Paris it's 2 in the morning and these guys are cooking. Then there's Laurindo sitting in the audiance at 19 taking it all in.

I love the guitar sound. It can be rock,pop,classical, jazz or a fusion. Spanish guitar and particularly the tempo and lushness of the sounds from Brasil are my favorite. Listen to "Concerto de Copacabana" played by Laurindo...it's a classic.

This is oil on board used in a wash style loose like watercolor the size is 15x20. available 
$1,500.00 US plus shipping and handling.

More to come.....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment