Translate

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cool Days On The Connecticut Coast


Welcome.

Most of the time I am making art for you. I would say 99% of what I do is in mind to share and for it to be purchased and live in some one's home, office, lobby or as a piece in a publication to tell,sell a story. All of them are done with a mind to excellence, subject matter that I adore or am curious about and all of them get my full attention and my focus. 

However from time to time there are a few I would keep. This was one. It's a 20x30 inch watercolor which was sold a few years back. I do make my living as an artist after all. I heard it mentioned recently in a conversation and it made me smile that it is still in place giving the viewer, it's audience, a feeling of comfort and grace. 

This scene was in October in Westport, Connecticut in the USA. It's a beautiful part of the coastline that runs on one side of Long Island Sound. The Westport harbor is small yet functional and is on most days the picture of serenity. Here it was the last rays of the day illuminating the hull of this sloop.

More to come......


All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment