Translate

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Do We Adore Fashion Icons?


Welcome.

Do we adore Kabuki makeup? Do we cherish moments with taste makers that have the stones to experiment, take risk, and be as creative as their imaginations will allow? You bet.

The Empress of Fashion Diana Vreeland was a tour de force. She was an instrument in creating Richard Avedon one of my all time favorite photographers. Did I mention Irving Penn?

Classics, brilliant, elegant, ballsy, smart,smart, smart and willing to help the talent stretch.

Although I am not involved in fashion on a day to day basis I have great appreciation for the artists that live there whether they are designers, art directors, editors, photographers, models, stylists, seamstress (think original Dior) or business partners it is all fascinating, entertaining and a joy for me to experience in whatever form it takes in my world.

Every month I take a joyride in the pages of Vogue romping through the pages of magnificent art.

Here is another of my line portrait series of the great editor. It is charcoal, pastel 
on craft paper and is 24 inches wide by 30 inches long. (shown cropped on the sides here.)
$1,500.00 US plus shipping and handling

More to come....

all art copyright Alan Phillips 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment