Translate

Friday, January 2, 2015

This Is Where I Draw The Line........

Welcome.

I trust your new year celebration was a good one and that here now in 2015 you will find your way and the way will find you to great and amazing adventures, health , prosperity and wellness.

First of all this is a charcoal drawing, pastel, oil painting mixed media on brown wrapping paper. Mostly it was inspired by Toulouse Lautrec and having a small collection of reproductions of art that he made on cardboard. They are fresh, dynamic, expressive and lush. He and Degas had some of the most fluid drawing and line work that I know of and I appreciate it for it's own sake.

This is from a series I did a few years ago exploring some famous faces with this style and technique which I will feature here for a while until my new coastal art is ready for viewing.

Some people just intrigue me. Mostly it's people who seem to offer a universal truth. Tupac Shakur was one. I love that line he said, "Long live the rose that grew from concrete." Yeah man, I hear ya. Me too.

I leave with you with this thought, his thought that resonates with me to start the year.

"I want to grow. I want to be better. You grow. We all grow. You either evolve or you disappear."
Tupac Shakur. 36x24 inches charcoal and pastel on brown craft paper $1,500.00

More to come....

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment