Translate

Friday, January 30, 2015

Morning On The Moors


Welcome.

This is a 16 x 16 inch oil on canvas. Even though it is all soft forms I like the geometry of it.

Our view here is looking south from my boat to the shore one frosty December morning in Guana River State Park in Florida, USA.

The other aspect that I enjoyed was playing cool and warm grays off one another. I generally paint more detailed, sunlit forms with plenty of volume and definition so it was fun also to flatten the shapes some and create distance with layers of tone. This art was also painted with broad gestural strokes giving it more of a bold feel.  I love the swirl of the exposed bare branches on the tree on the right that lead in arc back to the lone egret wading at the shoreline.

It is sold.

More to come

All art copyright Alan Phillips 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment