Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Changing of the guard

Welcome.

This waterway is surrounding the tip of a small island which is inhabited by one person. It is in the middle of The Intracoastal Waterway a few miles from the mouth of the St. Johns River. The tide was on the way out. I am mesmerized by the rip speed of the flow of that tidal current. The time was just about a half hour before the sun dipped down behind the treeline in the distance and lit everything up with that honey colored glow.

"Changing of the Guard" is also the title of the painting. The tide, the shift to dusk and the great egret coming to claim it's territory over the gulls which would soon depart, all signaling the approaching blanket of night. I loved the ribbons of reflected pink sunlight slicing through the blue water. This is an oil painting on canvas 3'x5' . The price is $8,000.00 US unframed.
Shipping is additional. Contact me at alanlovesart@gmail.com

It is a reverie for me, these moments, my spirit aligned with the tide, the earth, the sun and I savor the rythms. More to come....

All images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment