Translate

Monday, July 21, 2014

Where The Wild Things Are

Welcome.

These are two oil paintings that are 20" square. They were commissioned for a couple who live in Ponte Vedra. I took a walkabout down at The Guana River State Park now a National Estuarine Research Reserve and loved these two views. One can almost always spot an osprey, manatee, scrub jays, egrets, wood storks, herons and on this day it was an egret fishing for breakfast.

I seem to be able to find my balance and a greater sense of harmony in a place like this. Perhaps I may be standing in a spot that a Timucuan indian stood admiring the beauty, checking his traps or stalking his quarry. I love the quiet and the prisitne beauty. More to come...be sure to check out my watercolor art on fun products over at Zazzle under sunnybeachman.

All images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment