Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Neighborhood....Atlantic and Neptune Beaches

Welcome.

If you are a local you just smiled. If you are not, you know what I mean when I say the 'neighborhood bar'. Quintisential beach bar with pool tables, affordable draft beer, loads of atmosphere, character and people who love it because it's comfortable and pretense is left outside. Bloody Mary Thanksgiving morning is just a straight out 'fine' tradition and it gets better every year.

This one is 12x16 oil on canvas study. It is or was part of a series I was working on from 2010-2014 getting my brushwork down, working on various aspects of this small art form to inform my larger works, besides all the places I painted I love, a win win proposition if ever their was one.!  Sold. My posts in the next few days will be others in this series. More to come.......

All images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment