Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Simply Red....



 Welcome.

My apologies to Mick Hucknell. I dig a red roof against the skyline. Here in Florida, especially close to St. A  we enjoy an abundance of gorgeous Spanish architecture. The  top one is an oil on canvas 12x16 inches and is a scene from Marsh Landing Harbor in Ponte Vedra. Lush I believe is the way I would define it.

The next gives me a smile each time I see it. It's called "Whale Watch" it is an oil on canvas 9x12 inches. This particular red roof happened to be on a boathouse up in Ogunquit Maine.

The last and certainly not the last time I will paint it is the Harbormaster's Hut at Beach Marine. It is one of the friendliest marinas I have had the pleasure to explore. It is a oil on canvas 11x14 inches. More to come....

Be sure to head over to Zazzle under sunnybeachman if you would like to purchase fun items with my watercolor art on them!

All images copyright Alan Phillips 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment