Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Soft moon rising....





Welcome.

If you are anything like me, you love the smell of low tide. I know it may sound funny. It might make you giggle. Truth is; it's the smell of the earth and living things that are all interconnected in growing and dying and being reborn as something else.

 I can't tell you how many times I fished up a single fresh oyster from the mud flats in the Intracoastal or a shelf of an oyster bed on which I was standing, fly fishing in Long Island Sound and pried the oyster open and popped in my mouth right there. Now that's fresh!

It's that fragrance and the sight line changing to reveal the architecture of the creek beds, the substructures of the ebb and flow of a tidal marsh that reveal so many interesting forms and shapes. This view was up past Atlantic Beach in Florida while heading out towards Mayport.

The absolute ghostliness of that soft moon and the little egret, motionless, perhaps having had it's fill of outgoing shrimp, content like me to simply breath in the quiet made this more than worthy subject matter for my brush. The price for this one is $2,800.00 US unframed and shipping is additional. Contact me at alanlovesart@gmail.com.

This is an oil on canvas 15x20 inches. More to come......

Be sure to check out Zazzle under sunnybeachman to discover cool items with my watercolor art on them.

All images copyright Alan Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment